Monday, December 14, 2009

Random God Sighting

As I was walking out of a public building, I saw a man on the other side of the glass door I was about to exit through. He was elderly and hunched over as he walked. I could tell with each step he took, pain was consuming his body.

He looked up and we made eye contact. I saw him pick up his pace a bit with one last step and he hurried to open the door….for me. His arm shook as he pulled open the heavy door. I resisted the urge to beat him to the door and insist I held it for him. I could see he really wanted to open the door for me and show a young lady respect by this gesture. I let him. I smiled and walked through the door and thanked him. His arms were shaking as he held the door with all his might. He smiled back.

A light was shining within Him. I’ve seen that light before…it’s the light of Jesus. What about you, have you seen Him lately? I bet if you look, you will find Him.

No comments: