Thursday, December 24, 2009

Emanuel

I’ve often wondered what holiday celebrations might be like in Heaven. I’m guessing they don’t single out one day for a holiday. In fact, the concept of a day in time is probably non-existent. I’m sure every day is a day of celebration as if it were the best day ever. About one week ago, my dear Grandmother entered into the gates of finding that out. Although we mourn the loss of her sweet spirit, we rejoice that this Christmas she will be in the midst of royalty….she is celebrating with the King and singing with angels. How hard it is to say goodbye, but so sweet is the comfort in knowing where she is. God is good.

It seems like yesterday I was waking up with my sister before the crack of dawn to check if Santa ate the cookies and left us goodies under the tree. In an instant or even a blink of an eye, it seems, we grew up. Not sure where the time went, but I’m glad it got me here to where I am.

As we prepare for Christmas Eve celebrations and Christmas day festivities, I reflect on the many blessings I have been given. I give thanks for life. I give thanks for the 89 years of my Grandmother’s life that left a legacy that will be handed down from generation to generation. I give thanks for the life the Lord has given me. I give thanks for the life of the baby He sent to us on Christmas morning in a stable in Bethlehem. Emanuel…God with us...from the beginning, to today, and forevermore. Emanuel…God with us.


Merry Christmas!

No comments: