Thursday, May 14, 2009

Random Thoughts

Riding a bike is good exercise and can be fun. Riding a bike with padded shorts is even better.

Is there any thing more frustrating than trying to spread homemade pizza dough in the pan?

I find it quite funny a woman on the news announced she gave birth to fraternal twins that have two different fathers. She was on the news saying she wants everyone to know because there are only a handful of cases of this in the world. Her boyfriend, one of the twin’s fathers, has forgiven her for her unfaithfulness and is raising the other twin as his own. The mother stated she has decided not to inform the second child’s father she had his baby. Well, if he watched the 10:00 news, I’m guessing she won’t have to make that phone call.

Why is a large carpet area rug that covers a portion of the room almost more expensive than carpeting the WHOLE room?

Is it okay to call myself a farmer because I have carrots, cucumbers, and cantaloupe plants growing? If not, I’m going to do it anyway. Is it lame I get excited to see how much they have grown each day? If so, I’m okay with it.

Never thought I would high five over Craig’s List. I have done so…three times….in one week.

I so enjoy how Guitar Hero makes me feel like an actual guitar hero. If Aerosmith ever comes to town, they will be able to count on me for a fill in if needed. I’ll be ready.

I think of Swine Flu every time I touch the handle on the grocery cart.

Cookies are to milk as corn on the cob is to grilled meat as honey mustard is to chicken strips.

If I look forward to having garage sales as much as I absolutely dread having them, does that make me neutral on the event?

Why do squirrels freak me out?

Married Households vs. Single Households: Toilet paper disappears faster. Laundry seems to grow so fast you think it is breeding in the basket. Leftovers don’t last nearly as long. Time seems more precious. The sound of “Honey, I’m home!”..makes your heart flutter.

The Lord continues to bless me more than I deserve.

I wonder if the kids in Kitale had enough to eat today.

The story of David and Goliath makes me smile. Every time I cross the street “Goliad” I think of it.

Rain or shine…IL or TX…in my husband's arms is my favorite place to be.

2 comments:

Esther Taylor said...

What a life of paradoxes on this horizontal plane......Is enough proof that we are meant for "something more" than this plane!!!! Hallelujah!

Anonymous said...

I never knew that a mother could give birth to frat twins and the twins have two different fathers. that is crazy!!!