Saturday, January 10, 2009

Soar Like An Eagle


I was driving the other day and saw something on the side of the road that caught my eye. It took me a second to realize what it was. It was a bald eagle. Never mind the fact it was scavenging on a dead animal, this bird was beautiful. As my car got closer, the bird perked up and flew away.

He was breathtaking. He stretched his wings and soared into the sky over the snow covered corn field. What a picture! I wondered what it would be like to fly so freely. Immediately, my mind went to Isaiah 40:31.


"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Recently, I have gotten back into the daily routine of devotion. Boy, have I missed it, and am glad I’m back to where I should be in those few minutes each day. It reminds me everyday of the areas I need His help in, His guidance in, His wisdom in, His Grace in, and the Hope we can all have through Him.


The timing of me getting back to this is good. During this time in my life, I am preparing for many changes. In just a few short months, I will be getting married, moving, starting a new career, and starting a new life as a married woman. Each day my apartment changes bit by bit. A piece of furniture is sold and moved out. A box of this and that gets packed and ready to go. Things are changing. In some ways, I am very curious about those changes. Since I am a control freak, I of course want to know exactly what all those changes in the future will look like and how things will go. Will all the wedding details be flawless? Will I be packed in time? Will I transition into the role of a wife AND Texan well? Will Godly people be put in my path there? Will I be working exactly where the Lord wants to work through me? I’m pretty confident to say I think the answer to all those questions is, “Yes.” Why? Because I am doing all I can to prepare for it, praying about it, and most importantly…I have hope in the Lord.


No matter what is on your mind, what you are planning for, what you are questioning, or what you are trying to figure out, remember one thing. Those who hope in the Lord will soar just like that Eagle flying high in the sky with beauty and grace. May we all remember His promise of this and take that flight.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for the image of soaring like the magestic Eagle. What a picture of God Himself. I will pray for you as you make the changes in the direction God is leading you. I listen to WDLM all through the day and have enjoyed listening to you. I will miss your enthusiasium. I just moved FROM Texas in July...and am here, now, in Iowa in the strange land of "snow-ness"...instead of "heat-ness". It's another world for sure.

Beth said...

Thanks, Esther! I will miss all the WDLM listeners. You all have been a big part of my life these past few years. Off to start a new chapter in life. Exciting! Thanks for the prayers. Blessings to you!!