Friday, April 30, 2010

With a Thankful Heart I Write

Today I am reminded of how God answers our prayers. Years ago I started praying for someone very hungry and confused on their journey to Him. It was a person who had it all figured out in life. They were confronted with a void in life that they were trying to fill, but had a wall that was blocking the view to seeing who He was, is, and will always be. “I think I struggle with my faith because I don’t really believe there is a God.” Words once spoken by a conflicted heart. Words that pierced mine when heard. I thought this person was struggling with the concept of salvation. I didn’t realize they even doubted God’s existence.

You can’t force someone to believe. It is in their own time. Faith is an individual thing…a choice. I gave as much advice as I could at the time. Although I realize now nothing I could have said was as powerful as silent prayers spoken by my pleading heart for them.

Now, years later, I see those prayers were answered. I give thanks. This person is living a life and walking with the One they once doubted existed. I give thanks. It may have taken longer than I had hoped, but it happened. I give thanks.

For all those who have an unbeliever you have been praying for, be encouraged. Trust me, your prayers are being heard.

1 comment:

ms.innovate said...

I'm glad that people like you inspire others to believe...:) More power to you and to those you love.