Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Line Between the Two

There is a song by Mark Harris called, “The Line Between the Two.” Since the first time I heard it years ago, it has stayed with me. The title refers to the line in between two dates. They aren’t just any dates though, they are the dates on a head stone. You know that little dash line in between the date you are born and the date you leave this world? That’s the line. That line represents what our life was about, what we did while we were here, and our legacy we leave behind. It’s a little line but has huge meaning, and it’s where you and I are right now. It’s the reason why we were put here and the reason why we will wake up tomorrow. It maybe small, but it’s mighty.

C. S. Lewis once said “The future is something in which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes per hour, whatever he does, whoever he is."

We all face the future at the same rate. We all will one day have a line between the two. What will your line represent? What purpose does the Lord have for your line? How do we make the most of the line we are given? Those are questions I don’t have clear answers for. Thankfully, I know the One who does.

I [the Lord] will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. Psalm 32:8

No comments: