Monday, June 15, 2009

Instant Message From God

I had a dream last night. It started just as I drifted off. I dreamt I was on the computer and suddenly got an instant message from someone on the screen. A greeting came across the screen. I skeptically typed back to respond and said “Is that you, God?” “Yes, it’s Me.” He answered. I suddenly realized that I should start asking Him some questions while I had Him online. Frantically, I started typing. Sometimes He answered me before I even got the question typed.

Me: Is that You, God?
God: Yes, it’s Me.
Me: What are You doing?
God: Watching over you.
Me: God, could You help me with…
God: Of course, I will provide for you.
Me: How did You know what I was going to ask?
God: I just knew. Yes, I will provide for you.
Me: Will you stay close to me?
God: Always

The conversation continued. I asked a few more questions. There have been many nights where I pray in bed asking for wisdom. King Solomon asked for wisdom during a dream conversation with God. He asked for just a sliver of God's wisdom. I have often asked for this while awake. In my dream, did I ask for wisdom on my instant message conversation? Nope. Did I ask Him the questions about things I have lost sleep over in my life? Nope. Instead I asked questions about safety, provision, etc. I didn’t know I was even worried about these things.

I was irritated when I woke up. The questions I asked were so elementary. They were questions that I really already knew the answers to. Why didn’t I ask those questions about things I have struggled finding the answers to over the years. Why didn’t I request for a heart more like His or for that sliver of wisdom. Why did I ask questions that I knew the answers to deep down in my heart? I have no idea. I guess the fog of the dream kept me from thinking clearly.

A dream is a dream. Our mind takes us on these imaginary journeys that have no limit on adventure or reality. Although, we know in the Bible, the Lord did come to many people in their dreams. Maybe my dream has more meaning than being just a story in my mind. Maybe the Lord spoke to me in a way to remind me that He is here for us in the little things in life. Maybe He wanted to remind me of things I didn’t know I needed to hear.

Maybe my dream conversation is as much for me as it is for one of you reading this now. Let this be a reminder to us all. God promises that He will always watch out for us. He promises that He will provide, and He won’t leave us. He will do this…always. From His computer screen…to mine…to yours. Message delivered.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Maybe...
Was in tears reading this. Thanks for delivering the message.

Beth said...

You are so welcome! Hope it was an encouragement to you.