Saturday, October 29, 2011

DIY Fisherman Costume


We made our costumes again this year. I was pretty proud of the fact I spent less than $10 on the whole family's outfits. The shark costume was supposed to cost $12.50 at the store. That was the sale price since it was 50% off. I thought that was a good deal. It was the last one in that size, and when I got to the register to pay, I saw there was no tag on it. The cashier insisted on looking the code up in her computer. When she did, it rang up as $0.68! I felt guilty and pointed it out to her. She told me, "I looked it up and it says shark costume and that's a shark costume. I'm giving it to you for that price." She looked frustrated with me for trying to point it out. So...i just let it go and was happy to get a bargain! As for the adult costumes- we had the clothing and hats already. All I had to do was buy safety pins, fishing worms, and a few bobbers. My creative husband took our antique fishing rods and put them on a couple wooden sticks. Easy DIY costumes!

No comments: