Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Place Not Long Ago




I was recently reminded of a place I was in not long ago. It was a place of not knowing and a place of desperate longing to figure out where to go in life. I can remember that place as if I was there yesterday, yet it seems like a lifetime ago.

I knew there was more to life and more to my future than what was on the path in front of me. I just didn’t know which way to turn, which new path to take, or what would be in store for me. Looking back I can almost picture the Lord looking down at me smiling and saying “Just hang on. You are about to see what I’ve been working on for you!” I had no idea. The waiting about drove me insane. I waited and started to feel like better days, clearer paths, and the purpose driven life I’d longed for was never going to happen.

More than six years later, I can look back and smile. Little did I know that in a few short years I would meet a wonderful man to share my life with, get married, go on new adventures in life, grow stronger through trials, and start building a family. I stand in awe of how He works at times. I had no idea it was in store for me and wouldn’t have even imagined asking for the blessings I’ve now received.

Isaiah 40:31

"Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."


I once heard this verse explained in a different way than I had heard before. Many times we claim we are waiting for the Lord but really we are waiting for an event, or a specific thing we have in our minds. For example, when you find out you are pregnant you find yourself waiting for the baby to be born. This verse explains that we should be waiting for the Lord..meaning we are waiting for whatever His plan is for us in any given situation. Then and only then we will gain new strength.

Are you waiting for change? Waiting for a new path? Waiting for a spouse, job, a child, or even healing? If so, are you growing weary? Try waiting for the Lord -whatever his plan is. In Ephesians 3:20, we are told “Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” Take joy in the fact that He sits above on His throne smiling down saying to you, “Hang on…you are about to see what I’ve been working on for you.”

No comments: