Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Final Countdown




We are now within days of meeting our son. He tried to come six weeks early and we managed to get labor to stop at that time in the hospital. Fast forward to now, it’s only a week and a half to my due date. Any day now could be the day he is born. Life is about to change drastically!

That’s not to say it hasn’t changed over the last 9 months. Our grocery list has certainly changed over the past few months. On average I go through about a half gallon of Blue Bell ice-cream per week. I can easily eat four pounds of grapes per week. I have a hard time keeping things like cheese, pizza, dark chocolate, or sour cream in the house. They all disappear quite quickly. Our toilet paper needs have increased exponentially especially as we draw nearer to the birth. Lately, I’ve had dreams of showing up totally unprepared for an event like a race. The last two nights I’ve had dreams that I find out there was a typo in my marriage license, and my marriage is not legal. So, I try to fix the issue and of course find myself in the midst of planning a last minute wedding before the baby comes. I plan details of the ceremony and reception while I’m feeling contractions. We have gone from summers of jogging, kayaking, sailing, and cycling to me feeling really proud if I can walk from the parking lot to the store without having to stop to catch my breath. Don’t get me started on the waddle I’ve adopted.

The uncomfortable days and changes I’m going through now are bringing us one more day closer to holding him. They are all worth it. It sure has been an adventure for us all though. As for the dreams…It doesn’t take a professional to point out that there’s a good chance I’m feeling anxious that I’m not prepared for parenthood. Don’t get me wrong, I think we will be good parents, but I’m guessing there will be a normal learning curve for us to experience. We both catch on quickly to things so I think we will be okay.

As we wait for the big day, please say a pray for us if you think of it. An easy delivery would be a pleasant surprise, and of course we hope for no complications. A healthy baby is what we hope and pray for. Thanks for your prayers and support! We will post pictures soon of our little bundle of joy!

No comments: