Monday, November 16, 2009

"Walking with God"


“In the beginning of our story, before the fall of the human race, before we sent the world spinning off its axis- there was a garden called, Eden. And in that garden, the first man and the first woman had a life we have all been looking for ever since. They walked with God, communicated with him directly: For this we were made. And this we MUST recover. Intimacy with God is the purpose of our lives. It’s why God created us.” (Walking with God by John Eldredge).


I haven’t read a really good book for a while. Haven’t had a lot of time to, but even when I did have time to read, the books weren’t really “speaking” to me. Recently, I went to a bookstore and walked in with a feeling of wanting to find a book that would help me with hearing God speak. I looked in one section to find a group of popular sellers. I pulled one off the shelf. It was about hearing God and using the gift of prophecy. Not what I had in mind. I kept looking and found “Walking with God” by John Eldredge.

All I can say is, Wow! If you want a more intimate relationship with the One who wants to be your best friend and to talk to you…check this book out. It’s really good.

No comments: