Tuesday, November 3, 2009

As the deer pants for streams of water...



At times I get so busy with the details of the everyday routine, I forget to look at the beauty around me. Every once in a while I take a break and try to enjoy the beauty God has given us that most days we all take for granted.

On a recent hike at a state park in Illinois, I snapped a few pictures of the scenes around me. Wow. The colors so abundant, the freshly fallen leaves on the path looked like streets of gold in a way. The paths looked paved in color and prepared for just my feet. Only God could create such a picture. Only His hands could arrange the sights, the cool breeze, and the fresh air on a crisp fall day. For a moment, I wasn’t thinking about my to-do list or even where the hour hand on my watch was. In that moment I was thankful for a God that is the master of masterpieces. No other artist can paint a picture that captures all the senses as He does. Taking time to enjoy it is what He wants us to do. It helps us to grow closer to Him and to appreciate His work.

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? (Psalm 42: 1-2)

No comments: