Monday, April 27, 2009


This past weekend I had the privilege of going with my husband to Buckner International’s Founder's Day Banquet and Go.Be.Do. Conference. It was a great weekend of giving thanks for all the Lord is doing through Buckner.

There is something about seeing a picture of a child in need. Seeing the faces of so many a large screen, cut through me through the events this weekend. Once again I was reminded of the so many children I have met these past few years in ministry….most through Buckner. Their faces flashed before me on screen and in my mind. And then the images in my head stopped on this little girl pictured above. I photographed her on my first mission trip to Romania almost four years ago.

In many ways, my journey in missions started with this child. The look in her eyes still haunts me now. Her picture hangs in the office as a reminder of where I have been, where I am going, and how great the need is out there with these children. Just as we are encouraged through Buckner, that serves so many least of these in need, we are ALL called to Go…to Be…and to Do. Go somewhere. Be a voice. Do something.

I have always felt her eyes spoke through the picture as if to say, "Help me...Please."


Matthew 28:19 Therefore GO and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Amen! Thank you for your thoughts!