Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm Back...


Much has happened in the last few weeks. Months and months of planning came down to one day..a big day..the wedding day. It was beautiful. On March 28th, I married the love of my life in a ceremony where we felt Him walking side by side with us into the church, down the aisle, and standing before us as we said our vows. It was a great day.

I am now officially living in Texas. After a wonderful honeymoon in St. Lucia (see photo) we packed up the rest of my apartment and headed south for a long day of driving. Now, our new life begins.

As I left my apartment for the last time, I paused and said a quick prayer. “Lord, please bless the next person who lives here as much as you did me while I lived here.” That apartment held many memories. The person I am was not the person that moved in there a few years ago. As I shut the door to it that last time, I opened the door to another adventure.

Phil and I sat in church on Easter morning celebrating the fact that the Lord who took the time to guide the paths of a guy from Texas and a girl from Illinois together, is also the One who conquered death and rose from the grave. I stand in awe of the way He works and the many ways he blesses us.

I will post a few wedding pictures as soon as I can. Thanks for checking on the blog while I was away. I will be back to regular posts as soon. Right now I am unpacking and getting ready for a celebration of the wedding with our friends here in Dallas this weekend.

4 comments:

Susan said...

welcome home!!!

Esther Taylor said...

Yeaaaa...she's back. Loved the sun/Son in the picture between the feet that will walk in His Sonshine after a day well spent.

Anonymous said...

Love the pic Beth!!
Congrats and good luck getting settled!

Melissa said...

Welcome Home I am glad to see a new blog post and I look forward to reading more of your thoughts from Texas! May God bless you in all things!

Melissa